Sunday 18 March 2012

DIARY OF A ONCE FRUSTRATED, UNEMPLOYED GRADUATE: FAITH FOR TOMORROW


                                                   FAITH FOR TOMORROW

….she had heard that shaving powder, cement, hair gel, bleach
and rat poison would do the trick
and so as she shook this mixture together, she said her last prayer
‘Dear God, u promised me a bright future, all those dreams you laid in my heart
Now four years after graduation, am still here with nothing at all
Why Lord, Why did u give me all these dreams when you knew you would abandon me
Why? Why? Well am coming to meet you so please accept me in your kingdom’.
And she shook the mixture one more time and was about to drink it,
She got a text; she didn’t want to read it.
She didn’t want anything that would make her change her mind
Kemi had had it up to the peak…
But then she remembered she wanted to text all her loved ones just before she ends it all.
As she opened her inbox, the text carried CHEVRON and she fainted……

As I read thru this post on writanista.blogspot.com
I realised that I may not have intended committing suicide but I was no different from Kemi
Just like Kemi, I have given up
Just like Kemi, am fed up of the ‘wait’
Just like Kemi I had lost hope and faith and just anything that looks like them…
But reading this article has opened my eyes….
And as I began to catch a glimpse of hope, my morale began to high (morale high)
How did I forget so fast…?
How did I become so negative?
How did I forget Jeremiah 29: 11?
How did I erase the picture of my bright future from my mind, all my great dreams?
Cos if I have had this in front of me
I would have known that a great story without challenges is a boring one
I would have known that someone like the woman I would become has to undergo some challenges
And so this period is only adding spice to my biography….
GIVING UP IS THEREFORE NOT AN OPTION FOR ME, IS IT FOR U?

No comments:

Post a Comment