Thursday 22 March 2012

DIARY OF A ONCE FRUSTRATED, UNEMPLOYED GRADUATE: WHY YOU?


GLOBACOM (CONTRACT STAFF) is accepting CVs. HND IS N50K, BSC is 62k. Dress corporately and drop your CV with a passport photo at No 54 Saka Tinubu street, V.I, Lagos.
Yes, I got the message too and just like you, I went
On getting there I thought it was unemployed youth rally day.
There were over 4000 unemployed youth soldiers armed to the teeth with their credentials
Must have scared GLO as they said we should disregard the message.
While there, I decided to have fun….
And so I was doing my journalist work…
As I wondered in the midst of the soldiers…
A thought creeped into my head…
‘if Glo was actually recruiting why out of the thousands of us would I be hired?
Is it because I attached my hottest passport (seriously, if you were GLO you would give me the job because of this)
Or is it because I have a BSc hons from Covenant University
(If u see Covenant University students there, it was like Tuesday chapel service)
Or is it because am hardworking
(Uhm! Am sure if Glo said the job was to rebuild the office from scratch so many people would willingly do it.)
So why?
Why would the employer see me and say Eureka!, we have found what we looking for?
Why out of the several millions of unemployed graduates should I be picked?
What makes me different?
Am thinking….hope u r too…
Someone once said 1 machine can do the work of 50 ordinary men but no machine can do the work of 1 extraordinary man.
So dearies, how extraordinary are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment